New to Legos In My Pocket??

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sassy Miss Allie


Okay everyone! It's that time again... to introduce our newest Monthly Featured Blogger! She's an awesomely upbeat Okie who I was lucky enough to get know the last few months & grow to absolutely adore!

Say hello to Miss Allie from





1.  Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a twenty-something graduate from the University of Oklahoma.  I describe myself as a “country-in-stilettos” girl, meaning I’m country but I’m a high maintenance type of country.  I love being outdoors and getting dirty and am basically one of the guys.  I also love to dress up and go shopping.  I’m a photographer, poet, and aspiring model.  I am an animal lover and currently have 2 dogs (a third has been claimed); a pit—Roxi--and pit/bird dog mix--Tank.  They are my children and act as such.  I have been dating the same amazing guy for a little over 3 years now.  I’ve lived in Oklahoma my entire life but will one day travel the world.  I love to dance, specifically belly dance, and sing, even though it sounds horrible.  I have a hard time trusting new people but once you have my trust I’m loyal to a fault.  I’m somewhat complicated but not in a bad way.  I’m laidback but love to go out and have fun.



2.What is your favorite Lazy Sunday routine?
It definitely starts by passing out around 5 or 6 am, haha.  Wake up around 11 or 12 and visit my favorite breakfast restaurant, Ozzie’s with the whole gang.  Then the boy and I lay around with the pups until about 8 pm.  We go watch my favorite television show True Blood.  Finish the night with a Sonic blast and some blogging.



3.Why/how did you get started blogging?
I technically started my blog as a class assignment a few years back.  It seemed like a very dumb idea but I did it anyway.  I quit for a long time then randomly picked it back up a little over a year ago.  I’m not sure what really made me start back.  One of my sorority sisters was posting on Twitter about her blog a lot so I checked it out and it looked like fun I guess.  




4.What is your favorite "Lose Yourself" book of the moment?
Anything poetry really.  I’m a big sucker for Emily Dickinson and Edgar Allen Poe.  Stephen King is my standby.



4.              How did you come up with the name of your blog?
After being Words Alone for a year or so, I realized I was coming more into my voice.  I’m quite a sassy person most of the time.  Miss Allie just happens to be one of my nicknames.  It all seemed to fit together well.



5. What is you favorite movie of the moment?
Is, always has been, and always will be The Labyrinth with David Bowie.  It’s a 1980s cult classic made by Jim Henson.  I’ve been obsessed with this movie for as long as I can remember.  When I was a kid, my mom would only let me rent it every other weekend; needless to say, I ruined the only VHS for rent in town.


6.              What is your favorite thing to blog?
It’s a tie between photography, the pups, or my adventures with the boy.  Usually it all ends up in one post though.



7. What is your top "sing&dance your heart out" song of the moment?
“Redneck Woman” by Gretchen Wilson.  I’ve been jamming to it on and off since it came out.  Anything Rob Zombie or Avenged Sevenfold is great too.  Basically anything with a good beat is an instant hit for me, haha.




8.              Link the top 3 favorite blogs you wrote, & tell us what was behind your writing them.

I came to some realizations about myself.  I’m been going through a lot of stuff over the last few months, these things have helped me come to terms with myself.  I feel its important to let my readers know who I am.

Sometimes you gotta put yourself out there.   I did this post for my bloggie best friend’s first link party.  She knows waaayy too much about me already, so why not give her more ammunition?  Plus it’s not something I normally talk about.  You should see me turn beat red when this happens!  It’s a sight!

I love random facts.  I also like making myself feel better about things that are going on.  This post is a combination of both.



10. Who/what do you want to be when you 
"Grow up"?
I want to be happy.  I want a family with a big house and lots of land.  I know this sounds cliché, but it’s really what I want.  I would love to either get into military OCS or be a criminal psychologist, but as long as I have my main goals anything is great.

11. Link the top 3 blogs you read. 
Your "Daily Must Checks"









(not being a brown noser, I just love this girl!)


12. Describe/show your top "Can't live without" Item
Mascara and my cell phone



13. Whats your favorite time of the year?
Football season!  BOOMER SOONER!!  #1!!



14. What is something you would like to try in the future of your blog?
I’m going to try to open an etsy shop with some of my photos in it.  Also if I ever get some of my crafty things off the ground, a few of those might go up too.


15. If you could re-live any moment in your life, 
when & why?
When I met the boy.  Not the first time I saw him, years earlier, but the first time we met.  I was hilarious!





Isn't she awesome?? 
I know I know... That's why I'm sharing her! :)
 Keep checking back here to join her for 
"MFB Question of the Week" every Sunday!


Make sure to stop by her page 

& show her some love!


Photobucket







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods