New to Legos In My Pocket??

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

LOVE. What happens after you find it?





...

Love. What happens after you find it?

Honestly? I don't know anyone who can give me the TRUE answer to that.
LOVE. 

That little four letter word that can make or break this big world you call life. 
You never even know when it really hits you... that's the sad part. 

When you THINK its there.. its almost surely a false alarm, brought on by this growing urge for the feeling of complete companionship... but then.. when all the sudden the butterflies morph into something more.. 
you think "god, I'm so comfortable with this person. Its so nice here..."

You don't even realize you have drifted of to love land. Sometimes you even DOUBT it. 

"I'm not in LOVE. Love is such a strong word.. its only barely serious!"

....but then you start to think of quirky, off the wall reasons to text them in the middle of the day, or even stop by for a quick lunch. You start to skip hanging out with your friends doing your NORMAL weekly rituals.. just to sit and watch TV with them.. or just go for a drive. 
You smile more, care more about how you look genuinely instead of in a material way. 
(you wanna make sure those sweats and messy bun look cute on you for movie night..) 

And at first you get the normal roust from the posse. 
"what happened to you?" "your never around." "What about us?" 

Sometimes these territorial comments can cause a small tear in friendships.. but normally, only for a short while. Then, just as fast as the feelings hit you, the friends start to accept the changes, feel happy for you, even encourage them.. inviting your significant new half out to BBQ's and dinners.. claiming they have to get to know them EVENTUALLY. 

When the dust comes to settle and you realize that yes..
maybe you are in four letter turf.
a mixture of happiness and fear arises.. even if its only for a split second.

So you have found LOVE. what now? 

Apts, bills, curtains, and clothes.. bathroom arguments, funny inside jokes, small pet peeves that are daily put to test, a personal midnight Teddie bear? 

A million trillion things can happen once you have decided you have FOUND love..
how am I to be the one to tell you what they SHOULD be? 

I Think to each his own.

Maybe to you love means marriage, home, kids... 
maybe to some one else, it means a lifetime road trip partner. 
It might even just be an AMAZING new pair of shoes...

You JUST never know.

I don't think there should be a dictionary description to what is and isn't right. The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you YOU love, well, that's just fabulous. 

I think that if you feel strongly enough that its genuinely, absolutely, truly the biggest and best choice you have ever made to let those four little letters slip..
Then you have found a happiness that some spend a lifetime searching for.

And To that?

Bravo.. I do say ....BRAVO. 
 
Photobucket


9 comments:

Unknown said...

I had the song Now That We've Found Love (What Are We Going To Do With It) in my head while reading your post! and I may have made up the song title but it brought me back to middle school:)

Patty said...

Part of me is thinking about Tina Turner's song..."What love got to do with it?"

Is it a second-hand emotion, yes, it can be, during a disagreement, for example. But, when it's real, love just waits in the corner for the smoke to clear; it never really goes away.

Love is the best friendship there is; a joining with your soul-mate and a sincere commitment to each other. Love is something special to everyone who holds it in their heart.

Love means not punching your spouse because he left the toilet seat up...again.

(Just wanted to see if you were paying attention, lol_

Sweet post, Jaimie!

♥ Nadine said...

These are very philosophical thoughts. I even can't respond to that instantly, I have to think about by myself a little bit...

Hello Jaimie, sweet Chrissy gave me your details and she told me you want to join the postcard swap? Really?? That's great... :)

So, just send me an email with your address and within an blink of an eye mail will be on the way. :)

xo.

-Mallori said...

So insightful Jaimie!

I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog while my posts have been sporadic, and thanks for participating in the handwriting meme! I hope you enjoyed it!

I apologize in advance, my posts will continue to be a little sporadic...school has gotten crazy since I got back from break!

OT and ET said...

<3 Love is Glycerine, duh <3 ps. I did the handwriting thing!
http://tidbitsparenting.blogspot.com/2011/03/now-im-high-on-sharpie-penmanship-fun.html

xoxoxo,

Kirsten said...

Sing it sister!

I totally loved your lemonade stand, BTW!

Ross said...

Great post today! I always enjoy reading your site. I'll be waiting for the next!

Undeserving Grace said...

Wonderful post. I catch myself singing Tina turner out of no where once in a while my daughter thinks its funny. now following..come over and say hello :)
{tara} from Undeserving Grace

KLZ said...

It's difficult to admit that love isn't really constant fireworks...ugh, but can you imagine if it were? Lots of fires, I'd think

Post a Comment

Leave love, leave hate, leave WHATEVER you feel... as long as what is left is HONEST & REAL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods