New to Legos In My Pocket??

Friday, March 4, 2011

Are you Free??


Pet Peeves.

Everyone has them. 
Little tiny things that scratch at the line of your patience levels. 
...I know I have my few...

cupboards & drawers left open
cap off the toothpaste
laundry taken out of dryer BEFORE its dry
not wiping down the counters after making food
dirty socks in the middle of the floor
unfolded CLEAN  laundry piled into the armchair

There are even a few in the blogging world that drive me to the edge of sanity:

followers who NEVER comment
comments that are only asking for followers back
bloggers who never respond back to nice comments left for them
people who steal blog ideas instead of giving a shout out to where they found the idea

But MOST of all
I cannot STAND
word verification.

It is relentless, irratating, stubborn, and normally 
I can't figure out why my comment never showed up before i realize that there was a rediculous word I didnt type in. 
by then.. 
I DON'T CARE THAT MUCH ANYMORE.

Now, I know that I as much as the next blogger LOVE to hear what my readers have to say, so I try to make the process of  leaving thier thughts nice and easy, not like a small visionary test.

...& I am not the only one...

A stand has been taken by a group of fellower bloggers to RID the bloggerverse of this irratating word rash.
Please join in!

Legos In My Pocket
Click this button for more info on how to stand with us 
& become a word verification FREE blog! 





Photobucket

9 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow!! We def have a few of the same pet peeves...dirty socks in the middle of the floor...cupboards left open, drive me insane...ALSO, the word verification~totally get you here...I have let some pretty great comments only to never see them because of the silly word I forgot to check for...hope you have a great weekend:)!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I was just talking about pet peeves yesterday! mine?

1. my mike rolls dirty clothes in a ball. and ties them! why?? socks in a ball. pants in a ball. ugh

2. sneezing into the room without covering your face. cover w anything, but i prefer your elbow or a tissue. a giant tissue.

3. the sound someone drinking and swallowing in a quiet room. i hate that sound.

4. bumping into my personal bubble when i'm in my mood. hahaha!! which is around bedtime.

5. my new pet peeve? my kid throws things at me and hits me...i hate that. cuz you can't really do anything back at him. he's a baby after all.

Anonymous said...

I can't stand word verification. It drives me crazy. There was one time where I tried posting a comment and spelling out that stupid word and I couldn't seem to get it to work. So, I just gave up. I'm also one of those cupboard/drawer open freaks. I'm not sure why, but it drives me crazy. Another stupid one I have is not pushing in chairs at the table. Drives me crazy. Good post Jamie.

Patty said...

I'm with everyone on the word verification thingy; makes me nutz!

Other pet peeves..empty milk containers put back into the fridge, chairs not pushed back under the table after eating is done **Thank you for disliking that too, mountainmum!!, wet towels left hanging in the bathrooms for the next person, shopping carts left resting against my truck in the parking lot...whew, I can go on and on. It's a Virgo thing, lol!

Great post, it made my Friday go a little more pleasantly!

Patty

Jaimie said...

Wow! Some great pet peeves! Thanx ladies for sharing with me today! Happy friday!

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those bloggers who doesn't respond to the commenters. The thing is, not all who comment have their e-mail turned on so I can reply and I never know if the person will return to see my response. Plus, I barely have time to read all the blogs in my feed, let alone respond to the few comments I get (I know, I know - excuses, excuses).

I turned Word Verification off a LONG time ago. I hate having to type it in and I have a feeling my commenters feel the same. So I've kinda already joined in :)

Rebecca said...

Girl, you have so many of mine down too...I'm non stop yelling at the hubby about leaving every cabinet and drawer opened. Seriously... its not hard to shut them.
And the word verification.... man, I want a bebe gun to shot them if I could..lol

Patty said...

Just thought I'd add one more peeve....toilet seats left UP!

Three bathrooms in my home which, after my spouse uses, have the seats left up. His argument is that "no one puts the seat up for him so"...blah, blah, blah.

I think I'm done...for now.

-Mallori said...

a lot of your blogging peeves are similar blogging peeves of mine. Too many times I've forgotten to do the word verification, and then get pissy because of it. It kind of (okay REALLY) irritates me, because half the time I'm typing up comments on multiple posts and forgot what I wanted to say on that particular post. ugh.

I hope you guys have all had a great weekend!

Post a Comment

Leave love, leave hate, leave WHATEVER you feel... as long as what is left is HONEST & REAL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods