Previous Challenge PostsDay #5
Do you ever have trouble getting your little ones to eat veggies??
nooooooooo way... OF COURSE not... *Pffft!!*
Which is where Potato Surprise comes in.
As Weird as it may sound, and even maybe look..I'm TELLING you,
This is by FAR my favorite thing, and it is Suuuuuper easy!
My Momma has been making this for me for years & has even discovered that my once uninterested hubby will give-in to her powers of potatoes & melted cheese...
& she uses it frequestly to trick him into small chores, or even just visits.
(I always love how sneaky you are Momma.. haha)
So seeing as this is
FAVORITE RECIPIE DAY,
I am going to share this recipie with you..
*Don't worry Momma, no matter HOW hard I try.. no one makes it as amazing as you! ;) *
Under ONE condition...
DON'T KNOCK IT
BEFORE YOU TRY IT!!!!
Trust me.. you have noooooo idea.
- 1 can or corn
- 1 can of green beans
- 1 can of peas
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 small bag or large brown potatoes
- 1 pound medium cheddar cheese
**Potatoes are make amount = your liking. As long as there is enough to cover top or casserole.
- Pre-heat oven to 125F
- Grate cheese. set aside.
- Add all vegetables, vegetable juices, tomato soup, and tomato paste to a large mixing bowl.
- Brown ground beef in skillet till all the way cooked. Add to bowl.
- Mix ingredients well making a soup-type mix. Place aside.
- Wash, peel & cut potatoes, putting in large pot of water.
- Boil with a pinch of salt till soft.
- Drain water from potatoes and return them to the pot.
- Add small amount of milk & mash together till light & fluffy. (Milk is what MAKES them fluffy)
- Take vegetable soup mix from bowl and add to bottom of UNGREASED medium-sized casserole dish. making sure to leave space AT LEAST 1/2 inch from top.
- Add mashed potatoes to top of soup mix in dallops. Starting at an outter corner, working way around the edge and then in towards middle. (like a swirl type shape)
- Once top of cassorole is covered, carefully smooth top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle on grated cheese.
- Pleace in pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes. (edges of soup mixture should be bubbling.)
- Serve and enjoy!
Be aware! Soup layer will be
MUCH hotter than top!
Don't you love the holidays???